Sunday, January 9, 2011

Things I can't do

So M is a little girl who is too scared of needles to have anything done.  So there are lots of strategies that I could try.

1: reasoning - "Take a look at your stinky tooth,  we need to give it back to the tooth fairy otherwise it will get really stinky and other kids won't play with us"
2: parental pressure. - "We no longer force children into having treatment done.  Please have a talk with your child and we'll see her in the next week and try again.
3: bribes - "Get this done and we'll got  McDonalds".

Alot of the time, I think it's just got to do with having a child who is ready developmentally.  Or having a persuasive personality.

Right now, I can usually get one procedure done, but coming back later is always tough.  And it's quite predictable.  So my pedo referral pad gets alot of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment